Friday, October 31, 2014

I'm Safe in Burkina Faso

Hi Family and Friends,

I am sure that a lot of you have seen and heard about Burkina Faso in the past few days. I just wanted to let you know that I am still safe. I'm staying with the two other Peace Corps volunteers in the transit house (there is a door to the Peace Corps office). We are safe and secure, so please do not worry.

While I am excited that the world knows a little bit more about Burkina Faso (Mom said that Burkina is on the front page, above the fold), I wish it was in better circumstances. The protesters are still meeting in large numbers, I know that earlier today, there were over 200,000 protesters meeting near my house (remember, I am not there, I am safe on the other side of town). Burkina's president, Blaise Compaore, stepped down earlier today - which is what the people wanted. However, things are still in limbo.

Send good and positive thoughts this way! Looking forward to seeing some (or hopefully most of you) when I get home in three weeks!

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers